We only use the safest whitening systems in the world to guarantee VITA B1 shade with little or no sensitivity. Real results in just 2-3 weeks. When it comes to whitening we have learned that one must pay for quality to get the best results, you cannot cut corners.
Teeth whitening, composite bonding and ICON white spot infiltration
We now only perform professionally monitored and provided home bleaching as this is the safest and most comfortable way of getting whiter teeth for adults.
The process normally involves the following:
1) Attending a consultation for assessment of your dental health.
2) If no dental issues need to be addressed your clinician will take a scan and photos of your teeth (and record the starting shade). In addition, they will explain all the risks, costs and benefits of teeth whitening. You will also sign a consent form stating that all the options and risks have been explained and that you are happy to proceed.
3) After 1-2 weeks you will return for fitting of custom whitening trays will be made for you by a British registered dental laboratory.
4) You clinician will then test you do not have any allergies and make sure you understand all the necessary instructions.
5) You will then return for review 2-3 weeks later to assess how your whitening has gone and for final pictures.
6) Your clinician may advise you to buy additional gels for top up whitening for a few days every 6-12 months as the results can diminish over time.
Instructions, Precautions and Advice:
Dental Bleaching at Home
Dental bleaching is used to whiten your teeth. The active ingredient is a carbamide peroxide solution in a glycerine base gel, it is essential that you follow the instructions given by your Dentist and read the following instructions and precautions carefully.
If you have an allergy to carbamide peroxide or glycerine, or are aware of any adverse reaction you may suffer to any of these ingredients, please do not proceed with the treatment. Clinical research has indicated that carbamide peroxide gel is a safe material when used to bleach teeth. Studies have shown the process to be safe for the soft tissues (the cheeks, gums, tongue and throat). Please note that the long term effects have not yet been fully established and we do not recommend use of this product during pregnancy.
During Your Treatment
Please wear your bleaching trays for a minimum of 45 minutes or overnight if directed by your dentist. Your dentist will discuss the best option to suit your teeth and lifestyle. The treatment can cause the teeth to become sensitive to hot and cold during treatment and can continue into the following day. These symptoms are usually transient and should they occur please delay using the product for a day, purely for your own comfort. If your teeth become very sensitive you can place sensitive toothpaste or tooth mousse into the bleaching trays for an hour prior to bleaching your teeth, this will usually stop the sensitivity. Alternatively you can rub the sensitive toothpaste or tooth mousse into your teeth and gums with your finger a couple of times a day, do not rinse your mouth out after applying the toothpaste or tooth mousse.
Remove any excess bleaching product from around the gums or the palate once the trays are in place using your finger or a cotton pad. Do not eat whilst the trays are in your mouth, if you need to drink limit this to taking small sips of water, using a straw may help!
If you cannot wear the trays for a few days because of your hectic schedule, it doesn’t matter. Bleach your teeth according to your own schedule. It just means that the process takes a little longer than it would by using the product daily.
It is advisable to avoid drinks like coffee or red wine during the whitening process and for one week after completion, similarly avoid heavily coloured foods such as curry. You are recommended not to smoke during the course of the treatment.
The degree of whitening achieved varies. Most people obtain improvements in tooth colour within one to five weeks. The darker your teeth, the longer your teeth will take to lighten. Tetracycline stained teeth can take 6 months or up to one year to bleach the teeth. Your Dentist will discuss the results that can be achieved in your individual case and take a shade match before you start the bleaching process, we can then closely monitor the results to ensure you are happy with the final outcome.
Upon completion of Treatment
Once you have achieved the desired shade for your teeth, please cease using the product and return to the practice for a review appointment with your Dentist. To reach the desired shade you may need to purchase extra tubes of gel in addition to the initial supply; this can be done by phoning us or calling into the practice. Please note that an additional top-up treatment may be required in 6-24 months as teeth naturally darken over time. Please keep your bleaching trays even after you have completed the treatment, you may want to use them again in the future.
If you can any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact any member of our team on:
1. Brush and floss your teeth thoroughly (brush with your normal toothpaste).
2. Prepare your tray by placing a little whitening gel into each of the reservoirs.
3. Place the tray into the mouth and ensure that it is well seated.
4. Remove excess material with your finger or a cotton pad/ tissue.
5. Do not swallow any excess material.
1. Take the trays out and rinse your mouth with water.
2. Brush your teeth with your normal toothpaste.
3. Clean the trays in cool water.
4. Leave the trays in the open box to air dry.